feedburner

DON'T MISS A SHOT OF THE HOLLYWOOD BUBBLY!! SUBSCRIBE TODAY BY CLICKING THE RSS BUTTON ABOVE!

15% OFF Entire Order! CODE: TASH09

UPDATE: The comment problem has been fixed so please COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!! AND UGHHH, COMMENT!!!!! DON'T BE SHY.
THB loves all the feedback!!!!

INTRODUCING VAUGHN ANTHONY

Labels: ,



John Legend is keeping it in the family when it comes to finding the next artists for his HomeSchool Records label. He signed his younger brother Vaughn Anthony in November of 2007. After years of training and performing background vocals, John feels now is the time to bring Mr. Vaughn to the forefront. From Billboard:
Vaughn has a great voice and a great talent for writing, and I've seen that grow over time because he just worked so hard at it. I think he's ready now.
To introduce Anthony, Legend will host a showcase for industry executives at S.O.B.'s in New York on Thursday night (May 14) in the hopes of securing a distribution deal. "It's an important venue for me," says Legend. "It was one of the places where I really launched my career." Chrisette Michele, Ryan Leslie and Kat DeLuna are among the VIPs expected to attend, and both Legend and Estelle are rumored to be performing in addition to Anthony, who will debut seven tracks from the upcoming album. As for the inevitable comparisons between siblings, Legend insists he's not concerned. "I think people make too much of it," he says. "Of course our voices are similar, we have the same genetic material. But the songs reflect his personality, and he's not me."
Anthony agrees. "Not only do me and John sound alike," he says, "but we sound like my uncles and my father. There's nothing I can really do about it but just be myself--which is far left from where [John] is--and try and make the best music I can make."
Now that's what's up! Definitely looking forward to Mr. Vaughn Anthony surfing the music waves!



0 comments:

Post a Comment