feedburner

DON'T MISS A SHOT OF THE HOLLYWOOD BUBBLY!! SUBSCRIBE TODAY BY CLICKING THE RSS BUTTON ABOVE!

15% OFF Entire Order! CODE: TASH09

UPDATE: The comment problem has been fixed so please COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!! AND UGHHH, COMMENT!!!!! DON'T BE SHY.
THB loves all the feedback!!!!

HOSEA CHANCHEZ aka MALIK WRIGHT DISH ABOUT BLACK TV

Labels: ,



The very sexy, Hosea Chanchez known to my fellow The Game viewers as Malik Wright recently chatted it up with Bossip about black sitcoms and the fate of 'The Game'.
Bossip: We personally feel like The Game was moved to Friday nights because the network is trying to cancel the show. It’s a setup. Is there any truth to that?
Hosea: I think that white America does not know what to do with Black people in television. I would hate to believe that it was a conspiracy to purposely eliminate us. We as black people are literally getting wiped off of the face of television....Back in the day, the people that I looked up to were Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Will Smith
and Bill Cosby. I look back on a time when most of these guys had a show on television. Remember TGIF, Thea, and Sister Sister was on?

Bossip:I look back to when there was so much variety, and all of these shows represented our culture in such a positive way. Not single motherhood, not this, not that. Not buffoonery.
Hosea: I look back on those times and I say ‘what’s changed?’ The only difference between now and then is that everybody was willing to fight for it. People were writing into networks complaining and boycotting. We don’t do that anymore. We leave it up to mainstream America to dictate what we like. We don’t fight anymore because we’re all too afraid to lose what we have. The mentality is,’ I can’t be out here fighting. What if somebody sees me and I’m trying to get on?’ In television, everyone has taken a back seat to not only wages that are just ridiculous, but parts and roles that are ridiculous. They have us so secluded in television and film that anything that comes by, we salivate at it. When you’re deprived of something, when something gets before you, it looks like steak. But, no, you [actually] eatin’ chitlins. But, it looks like you got the prime meat...I respect Tyler Perry to the fullest because I believe that he is one of the greatest businessmen despite whether or not you agree or disagree about his content. His business sense is phenomenal. His giving back to his community is also a great thing, but it’s to the point where were so secluded, Tyler Perry could write a movie about throwing wet paper towels up against a wall and it would probably be a blockbuster hit.
Bossip: Whose fault is it? Ours or these networks?
Hosea: We don’t have any activists. They could violate our rights as artists and where in the hell is Jesse Jackson? He aint around to fight for us. He was fighting for little Rudy and all them, but he aint fighting for us. Where is Al Sharpton? On top of that, where is the media, where is the press? It’s our own responsibility. Our show gets better ratings then some of the white shows on the network, but nobody every talks about it. This network got started with a lot of black shows, and after that happened, we see the new face of the network, which is all fine and I’m not pointing fingers. At the end of the day, it’s our responsibility as viewers to not just allow other people to dictate what we like.
Bossip: How do you feel about all of these Black people on reality TV shows?
Hosea:The thing about these shows that makes them special is the buffoonery. These black women and black men get they asses on TV to look stupid in front of America. I’ll go on the record and say it pisses me the f*ck off that you gotta be an ignorant ass Black woman fighting each other to be somebody. I can’t get mad at mainstream America for not supporting us, because Black people don’t even support us. It angers me that my producer creates such a quality show, and Tia and Wendy are the sh*t.
Bossip: Could this be the last season of The Game?
Hosea: I’m being very optimistic about it, but more than any other time, I have been more fearful of not returning this year. There are no more fish in the water that look like me.

He can't get no righter.....Dang I just made up my own sentence. Me personally, I've never been hyped up on the new sitcoms, whether they're black or white. I was in love with the In The House, Parenthood, Thea, Moesha, Sister Sister, and Smart Guy just to name a few. The Game is the only sitcom that I watch faithfully (oh yeah, as well as Lincoln Heights on ABC) and have become annoyed with the fact the CW doesn't represent it at all. And then they move it to a Friday, when they know everybody is jumping off their weekend, just a bunch of mess. This is one sitcom I really hate to see leave the air because it is awesome! Every cast member is under-rated, especially Hosea and Pooch.
Just sad to see that black TV doesn't stand up white America's standards.







0 comments:

Post a Comment